Technically, dandruff is a skin disorder characterized by excessive flaking of dead cells of the scalp. Major symptoms of dandruff are white flakes, which fall off and may be seen on the shoulders, severe itching, inflammation, and red blisters on the scalp. Naturally, one would like to avoid a scratchy scalp when one is middle of an important official engagement, even worse if you are with your date. Sadly, dandruff often causes these kinds of problems in our social life. In some cases, the problem compounds if hair loss is associated with dandruff. It will be unfair to say that dandruff is caused by one particular reason because there are multitudinous reasons for dandruff, and one of the other could be the leading causes of dandruff. Dry skin, oily skin, excess use of styling products, poor diet and stress, overuse of shampoos, yeast infection and serious skin disorders, etc., are the causes of dandruff. On the brighter side, dandruff is curable, and there are plenty of solutions to get rid of. If you are suffering from dandruff and have no idea how to get rid of it, worry no more! There are many ways on how to get rid of dandruff naturally and fast.
Diet tips to get rid of dandruff fast
You should know that the condition of our organism is fully reflected in our appearance. First of all, you should avoid unhealthy diet habits as a part of dandruff treatment. Try to keep away from junk and oily food. Avoid them if you really want to get rid of the dandruff problem. For good hair without dandruff, drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice daily, take a balanced diet that includes green vegetables, cereals, fresh fruits, etc. Restrict your intake of tea, coffee, and other beverages.
Other tips on how to get rid of dandruff naturally.
1. You can also use coconut oil. First, wash your hair; however, do not use any conditioners. Your hair should be dry. Then, apply or put the coconut oil on your scalp. If possible, avoid applying it to the rest of your hair. Lastly, wash it with water and rinse thoroughly. Do this at least twice or thrice a week until dandruff is gone.
2. Cedarwood is used as an anti-bacterial or fungicide. This is also effective in getting rid of dandruff. If you have this kind of oil, all you have to do is mix the oil of the Cedarwood, juniper, and cypress in fifty millimeters of the carrier oil. After that, rub it into your scalp and then leave it on for an hour. After one hour, remove it by applying mild shampoo to your hair and wash this using warm water.
3. Another is the use of baby oil. Apply baby oil onto the scalp, and massage your scalp. Next, get a towel and cover your hair with the towel. Leave it overnight. In the morning, wash it with water and good anti-dandruff shampoo. It will also relieve itch.
4. Soak the two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in the water over the night. Make a paste of these seeds in the morning. Now apply this paste to the scalp and leave it for half an hour. Finally, rinse out your hair by using soap-nut or acacia concinna. The person, who is suffering from dry dandruff, gets the best result from this remedy.
5. One of the best ways to cure dandruff naturally at home is to have a hot steam bath. First, massage your head with hot oil and then wrap a hot damp towel. Keep this for a few minutes, after which wash your hair. Next, take a small bowl of coconut oil and soak in it a few peels of lemon. Keep this for a span of 8-10 days. Finally, strain the oil and apply this mixture to the hair.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for dandruff treatment at home. Try one of these natural remedies to get rid of dandruff and prevent your hair from damages. The use of anti-dandruff shampoos is also advisable if you do not want to do the above-mentioned ways. However, it is not an assurance that your problem will be solved. That is the reason why there are natural ways on how to get rid of dandruff.